Wondering when were the full moons in 1986? Here’s the Full Moon Calendar 1986 to help you go back and look at the year’s 12 full moons.
A full moon occurs when the Earth is directly between the Sun and Moon so that the moon looks completely illuminated when you look at it. It happens about once a month or, 29.53 days on average.
The dates and times provided by NASA in the United States Eastern Time (ET) account for both Eastern Standard Time (EST) and Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) for part of the year in the United States. Also below is the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time. This was previously referred to as Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Since you may be in a different time zone, the exact dates may shift slightly for your calendar.
Take a look back at the 1986 Full Moons
In 1986 there were 12 full moons. The names and dates of the 1986 full moons were:
- January 25, 1986: Full Wolf Moon
- February 24, 1986: Full Snow Moon
- March 25, 1986: Full Worm Moon
- April 24, 1986: Super Pink Blood Moon
- May 23, 1986: Super Flower Moon
- June 21, 1986: Super Strawberry Moon
- July 21, 1986: Super Buck Moon
- August 19, 1986: Full Sturgeon Moon
- September 18, 1986: Full Harvest Moon
- October 17, 1986: Hunter’s Blood Moon
- November 16, 1986: Full Beaver Moon
- December 16, 1986: Full Cold Moon
Full Moon Calendar 1986
In 1986, there were 12 full moons on the calendar. While there were no calendar blue moons in 1986, there was a seasonal blue moons this year.
In Spring 1986, four full moons occurred so the May 1986 full moon was considered a seasonal blue moon.
As part of the April and October 1986 full moons there were total lunar full moon eclipses, also called blood moons.
|Full Moon 1986||Full Moon Name||US Eastern Time||UTC Time|
|January 25, 1986||Full Wolf Moon||7:31 PM EST||12:31 AM UTC|
|February 24, 1986||Full Snow Moon||10:02 AM EST||3:02 PM UTC|
|March 25, 1986||Full Worm Moon||10:02 PM EST||3:02 AM UTC|
|April 24, 1986||Super Pink Blood Moon||7:46 AM EST||12:46 PM UTC|
|May 23, 1986||Super Flower Moon||4:45 PM EDT||8:45 PM UTC|
|June 21, 1986||Super Strawberry Moon||11:42 PM EDT||3:42 AM UTC|
|July 21, 1986||Super Buck Moon||6:40 AM EDT||10:40 AM UTC|
|August 19, 1986||Full Sturgeon Moon||2:54 PM EDT||6:54 PM UTC|
|September 18, 1986||Full Harvest Moon||1:34 AM EDT||5:34 AM UTC|
|October 17, 1986||Hunter’s Blood Moon||3:22 PM EDT||7:22 PM UTC|
|November 16, 1986||Full Beaver Moon||7:12 AM EST||12:12 PM UTC|
|December 16, 1986||Full Cold Moon||2:05 AM EST||7:05 AM UTC|
Related: Moon Phases 1986
What were the names of the 1986 Full Moons?
The names of the full moons in 1986 were as follows:
- January 25: Wolf Moon
- February 24: Snow Moon
- March 25: Worm Moon
- April 24: Pink Moon
- May 23: Flower Moon
- June 21: Strawberry Moon
- July 21: Buck Moon
- August 19: Sturgeon Moon
- September 18: Harvest Moon
- October 17: Hunter’s Moon
- November 16: Beaver Moon
- December 16: Cold Moon
1986 Equinoxes and Solstices
Below are the dates for the equinoxes and solstices from 1986. For the Eastern Time zone, the the June full moon fell on the same date as the Summer solstice.
Four full moons occurred during the Summer 1986 season. A The August 1986 full moon was considered a seasonal full moon as it was the third full moon in a four full moon season.
The 1986 dates of the equinoxes and solstices were:
- Vernal Equinox (Spring): March 20, 1986 at 6:03 PM EST or 10:03 PM UTC
- Summer Solstice: June 21, 1986 at 12:30 PM EDT or 4:30 PM UTC
- Autumnal Equinox: September 23, 1986 at 3:59 AM EDT or 7:59 AM UTC
- Winter Solstice: December 21, 1986 at 11:02 PM EST or December 22, 1986 at 4:02 AM UTC